≡ Menu

How To Remove The Developer Application From Your Facebook Applications

• CevherShare

Because of the many changes occurring with the Facebook fan pages I wanted to remove the Developer Application so I could re-install it to take some screen shots for the video series I am creating to teach people how to develop fan

pages in the new world order of modern day Facebook.  The problem is when I went to remove the Developer Application there was seemingly no way to do it.

When I finally figured it out, which was not easy, I thought I might share the information in case someone else would want to know how to remove this very difficult to remove application.  Once I figured it out – it was easy.

Most applications can be removed from this page below but when you have the Developers Application installed it does not show up when you click Edit Settings like the other applications do.

The way to remove this application is to go to the actual Facebook page of the application.

Developer Facebook Page

Here is a screen shot of the left column – because I have removed the Developer Application there is not an option to remove it but now an option to Add to My Page.

You will see an option to remove the application.  Click on that option and you will be prompted to remove the application from your page.

That's it your done.

Now I need to get back to work and Add it back to my page.  I will be creating a series to make the transition to the new world Facebook order as painless as possible.  If you want to receive these updates and information as I created them please join my list and I will contact you as they are completed.

{ 10 comments… add one }

• Liesl November 15, 2011, 9:14 am

Thanks – I needed that!

• Suzy November 30, 2011, 6:39 am

Thank you! That’s been driving me mad all morning!

• Amanda December 7, 2011, 7:04 am

Hi there. I need some assistance. Stupidly, I went to try out the new facebook timeline early. I loved it at first, then realized I couldn’t control my page as I once did with simply hiding posts, etc. I had to actually delete them. So I went to google and learned how to remove the open graph. Which worked immediately. That is, for about a week. Then with no warning whatsoever, the timeline is back. So I went to delete the whole app. Didn’t work. Then I tried removing the facebook developer app altogether. That didn’t work either. Help! I want timeline gone, and there’s seemingly no way to do it. I’ve already done everything there is to do / tried every suggestion to no avail. Please let me know if you know how to do this! Thank you for your time!

• Shama December 7, 2011, 9:50 pm

OMG please let me know via email if you figure out how to remove that stupid timeline. I deleted my developer app as well and the timeline is STILL there. I hate it! Thanks :)

• emily December 8, 2011, 3:09 pm

i’ve removed the app but my timeline is still on my profile! how do you change it back??

• Mar December 11, 2011, 4:46 pm

Amanda, I’ve got the same problem!!!!!!

• Joanna Lynne Lim December 11, 2011, 7:14 pm

HEY! I already removed it but it seems to be coming back. I don’t know what to do. lease Help.

• Mina Nabil December 17, 2011, 7:23 am

Thank U .. I really wanted to remove it and i didn’t know how till i read this article.. thanks

• Rahman January 5, 2012, 3:55 am

hi, i follow your instrction but its not worked. still i can see this application on my shortcut app side. please i need help to remove this effectively. Thanks

• human June 15, 2012, 2:00 pm

go to privacy settings and under apps section, turn off all apps. once you check to see if it’s gone go back and turn apps on. it should be gone permanently.